Passenger Carrying Vehicle Insurance Policy covers Vehicles used for carriage of passenger for hire or reward, except for racing, pace making, reliability trial, speed testing and use for any purpose in connection with the Motor Trade.
What does this Policy cover?
The Policy covers loss or damage to the vehicle insured arising out of:
- Fire, explosion, self ignition, lightning, burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, terrorism, earthquake, flood, typhoon, accidental external means, landslide or rockslide, road/rail/inland waterway/air transit
It also provides cover against Legal Liability to third party personal injury and property damage arising out of an accident invulving the vehicle as required under Motor Vehicle Act.
The Policy further provides for compulsory Personal Accident cover for owner driver.
- Loss of accessories
- Wider legal liability to paid driver, cleaner or any workman
- Personal Accident to the occupants
Other Salient Features
- Provision for No Claims bonus for claims free experience
- Discount for opting higher vuluntary excess
- Discount for approved anti-theft devices installed in the vehicle
- Concession for specially designed/modified vehicle for blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons
- Depreciation, for the parts needing replacement in the accident is defined
The Policy does not cover the following
- Any accidents outside the Geographical Area
- Consequential loss, normal wear and tear
- Driving without valid licence for the class of vehicle. Driving under the influence of liquor/drugs
- Vehicle not being used as per Limitation as to use defined
The details furnished above do not constitute the entire terms and conditions. For more details please refer to our Policy Wordings.