Cattle & Live Stock the bread & butter for billions of farmers in India Insurance Policy covers animals such as Milch cows,Buffaloes,Studs , Bullocks , Sheep & Goats owned by you and which are used for commercial and/or or for personal purposes against the risk of permanent total disablement or death due to accident and /or any diseases which the animal may contact during the Policy Period.
What does this Policy cover?The Policy covers death caused by
- Accident inclusive of Fire, Lightning ,Flood, Inundation, Storm, Hurricane, Earthquake, Cyclone, Tornado, Tempest and Famine
- Diseases contracted or occurring during the period of this Policy
- Surgical Operations
- Riot & Strike
Additional benefitsThe Policy also provides cover against Permanent Total disablement suffered by the cattle due to any accident or illness/ailment.
ExclusionsThe Policy does not cover the following:
- Malicious or willful injury or neglect, overloading, unskillful treatment or use of animal for purpose other than stated in the Policy
- Accidents occurring and/or Disease contracted prior to commencement of risk
- Intentional slaughter of the animal except in cases where destruction is necessary to terminate incurable suffering on human consideration on the basis of certificate issued by qualified veterinarian or in cases where destruction is resorted to by the order of lawfully constituted authority
- Theft and clandestine sale of the insured animal
- War, Invasion ,act of foreign enemy ,hostilities(whether war be declared or not),civil war,rebellion,revolution,insurrection,mutiny, tumult, military or usurped power or any consequences thereof or attempted threat
- Any accident, loss destruction, damage or legal liability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by arising from nuclear weapons
- Consequential loss of whatsoever nature
- Transport by land, air and sea
- Death of the animal(s) covered under the Policy due to diseases contracted within 15 days from the date of commencement of the risk
Specific ExclusionPleuropneumonia in respect of Cattle and in case of Sheep & Goats Enterotoxaemia, Sheep Pox, Goat Pox, Rinderpest, FMD, Anthrax, H.S, B.Q.. These diseases are covered by the Policy if the animal is successfully inoculated (protected) and necessary Veterinary Certificates are supplied to the Company.
If the Company asserts that by reason of these Exclusions any Claim is not covered by this Policy, the burden of proving that such Claim is covered shall be upon the Insured.
- All the claims received after without ear tag
Note: The above are only the salient features of the Policy , for complete terms and conditions please refer to Policy Wordings.