Retail - Shopkeepers Insurance Policy
Universal Sompo's "Shopkeeper's Package Policy" is devised to cater to the overall various exposures of your business as a shopkeeper. We have under one single Policy combined a number of contingencies for your convenience and comprehensive coverage.
Section 1 - Fire Allied perils - Building Contents This Section covers
- Contents excluding money and valuables are covered under this section
- The coverage under this Section are against the perils of
- Explosion / Implosion
- Aircraft Damage
- Riot, Strike, Malicious and Terrorism Damage
- Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation
- Impact Damage
- Subsidence and Landslide including rock slide
- Bursting and/or overflowing of Water Tanks, Apparatus and Pipes
- Missile Testing operations
- Leakage from Automatic Sprinkler Installations
- Bush Fire
- Sum Insured for Assets (other than Stocks) must be on Reinstatement Value basis
Section 2 - Burglary Robbery The Section covers loss or damage by actual or attempted burglary and/or robbery during the Policy Period in respect of the fullowing:
- Contents or any part thereof whilst kept in the insured premises
- Insured premises ( including reasonable costs for damaged locks)
- Money contained in Safe or Strong Room
- Money from cashier's till and/or counter
Section 3 - Money in Transit This Section will indemnify you in respect of money in transit, carried by you or your authorised employee(s), occasioned by theft, robbery or any other fortuitous event.
Section 4 - Plate Glass and Neon Signs/Glow Signs This Section covers:
- Accidental loss of damage to Plate Glass/Neon Signs/Glow Signs
- Damage to frame and framework of any description fullowing breakage of Glass and/or Neon Boards/glow signs subject to a maximum of Rs 5000/-
- The cost of tinting, lettering, painting, embossing, silvering or any other ornamental work on the replacement glass, provided that such costs have been included in the Sum Insured of the glass under this Section
Section 5 - Electronic Equipment This Section covers:
- Loss or damage to Electronic Equipment due to perils unless otherwise excluded
- Loss or damage to External Data Media and/or costs of restoring information and data stored therein
Section 6 - Breakdown of Business Equipments The Section covers the business appliances/ apparatus such as Air Conditioners, Freezers etc against unforeseen and sudden physical damage caused by or sulely due to mechanical or electrical breakdown.
Section 7 - Personal Accident This Section covers Bodily injury to you or your employees named in the Policy resulting to the death or disablement leading to:
- Loss of sight
- Physical separation of or loss of ability to use both hands or both feet
- Physical separation of or loss of ability to use one hand and/or both feet
- Loss of sight of one eye and physical separation of or loss of ability to use either one hand or one foot
- Permanent Total disablement
Section 8 - Fidelity Guarantee This Section covers you against any direct pecuniary loss caused by act of fraud or dishonesty committed by any salaried person employed by you in the insured premises.
Section 9 - Public Liability This Section covers you against legal liability including the Defence costs incurred by you against:
- Third Party Property Damage
- Third Party injury/death
Caused in the course of the Business by an accident in your business premises if notified during the Policy Period.
Section 10 - Workmen's Compensation This Section provides you cover against liability towards your Workmen under the Workmen's Compensation Act, Fatal Accident Act and at Common Law.
Section 11 - Business Interruption This Section covers your financial losses due to business interruption arising out of any of the perils covered under Section 1 of the Policy.
Note: The above are only the salient features of the Policy , for complete terms and conditions please refer to Policy Wordings.