EIA stands for 'Electronic Insurance Account'. Electronic Insurance Account (eIA) helps you convert your policies into electronic format this e-Insurance account gives policyholders access to their insurance portfolio at a few clicks.
You Can -
Store all your policies in electronic format. You do not have to worry about losing them.
- >> View and manage all your General insurance policies under a single account
- >> Once KYC documents are submitted and eIA is opened, KYC documents not required for purchase of new General insurance policy
- >> Changes in contact details get auto updated in all your policies across all life insurers
- >> Opening eIA is free
The insurance regulator (IRDAI) has authorised four entities NSDL Database Management, Karvy Insurance Repository, CAMS Repository Services, Central Insurance Repository with 'Certificate of Registration' to act as "Insurance Repositories" to can help you open an eIA account.
Open your EIA Account here for Free (Follow below steps):
Step 1: Download eIA opening form of your preferred Insurance Repository from below links:
- • NSDL Database Management Limited, Click Here
- • Central Insurance Repository Limited, Click Here
- • Karvy Insurance Repository Limited, Click Here
Step 2: Fill the form and attach self attested copy of below mention required documents:
- • Proof of identity - Aadhar Card (UID) /PAN Card/ Passport
- • Proof of Address such as Aadhar Card/Driving License
- • Proof of Date of Birth
- • Cancelled cheque
Step3: Submit the forms along with self attested documents to your nearest Universal Sompo General Insurance Branch
(To locate nearest branch) Click Here
Your account will be created within 7 days from the date of submission of application complete in all respects. Once your eIA account is opened, a welcome kit, containing the login ID and password, will be emailed to you. You can start linking your existing policies by submitting the required form. You can store all your electronic insurance policies such as Motor Insurance, Health Insurance or any insurance policy in the same account.
Click Here For Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)