Private Car Insurance Policy covers Vehicles used for social, domestic and pleasure purpose and also for professional purpose (excluding carriage of goods other than samples) of the insured or used by insured's employees for such purpose but excluding use for hire or reward, racing, pace making, reliability trial, speed testing and use for any purpose in connection with the Motor Trade.
What does this Policy cover?
The Policy covers loss or damage to the vehicle insured arising out of:
- Fire, explosion, self ignition, lightning, burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, terrorism, earthquake, flood, typhoon, accidental external means, landslide or rockslide, road/rail/inland waterway/air transit
It also provides cover against Legal Liability to third party personal injury and property damage arising out of an accident invulving the vehicle as required under Motor Vehicle Act.
The Policy further provides for compulsory Personal Accident cover for owner driver.
- Loss of accessories
- Legal liability to paid driver, cleaner or any workman
- Personal Accident to the occupants
- Increased legal liability to property damage of third party for a limit of Rs 7.5 lakhs
Private Car Add-ons
- Nil Depreciation cover
- Return to Invoice
- Daily Cash Allowance
- Accidental Hospitalization Clause for Family
- Key Replacement
- Road Side Assistance
- Cost of Consumables
- Secure Towing (Higher Towing and Removal Costs)
- Hydrostatic Lock Cover
- Engine Protector
- NCB Protector
For Complete List of Add-Ons, please Click Here
For Complete Terms and Conditions, please Click Here
Other Salient Features
- Provision of No Claims bonus for claims free experience.
- Discount for opting higher vuluntary excess
- Discount for approved anti-theft devices installed in the vehicle.
- Concession for specially designed/modified vehicle for blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons
- Depreciation, for the parts needing replacement in the accident is defined.
- Discount for specially Designed/ Modified vehicles for the blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons.
The Policy does not cover the following
- Any accidents outside the Geographical Area
- Consequential loss, normal wear and tear
- Driving without valid licence for the class of vehicle. Driving under the influence of liquor/drugs
- Vehicle not being used as per Limitation as to use defined
Note: The above are only the salient features of the Policy , for complete terms and conditions please refer to Policy Wordings.