Boiler Pressure Plant Policy covers Boiler & Pressure vessel installed at your premises against risk of Explosion, Implosion and Cullapse. It can be extended to cover third party liability and other specified risks.
What does this Policy cover?
The Policy covers damage due to Explosion, Implosion, Cullapse leading to the
- Damage to the Boilers & Pressure vessels
- Damage to Surrounding property, up to fixed limits, arising due to explosion & cullapse of the pressure plant during normal course of working
- Third party legal liability, up to fixed limits, arising due to
- Death or bodily injury to third parties
- Damage to property of third parties (not held in trust or on commission) caused by and sulely due to explosion or cullapse occurring in the course of ordinary working
- Express Freight
- Air Freight
- Owners surrounding property
- Third party liability
- Additional custom duty
The Policy does not cover the fullowing:
Loss or damage resulting from:
- Fire, lightning, Inundation, Flood, Storm , Earthquake, Subsidence, landslide Chemical Explosion, Burglary and Theft, Impact by land borne/water borne craft
- Wear and Tear, faults or defects existing at the time of commencement of insurance which ought to have been or were known to you, Faults or defect for which the supplier is responsible either by law or under contract
- War or warlike operations, Nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination
- Loss damage and/or liability resulting from overload experiments or tests
- The failure of individual tubes in Boilers of the water tube locomotive or other multitubular types, in Super heaters or in Economizers
- Willful acts or gross negligence by you or your representatives
Note: The above are only the salient features of the Policy , for complete terms and conditions please refer to Policy Wordings.