Universal Sompo's "Householder's Package policy" is devised to cater to the overall requirement of you as a House owner. Under this policy, we have combined a number of contingencies, which are normally covered as separate policies.
CoverageSection 1 - Fire & Allied perils - Building & Contents
- This section covers Buildings of construction other than 'kutcha' construction only.
- Contents excluding money and valuables(unless agreed specifically by Us) are covered under this section.
- The coverage under this Section are against the perils of
- Explosion / Implosion
- Aircraft Damage
- Riot, Strike, Malicious and Terrorism Damage
- Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation
- Impact Damage
- Subsidence and Landslide including rock slide
- Bursting and/or overflowing of Water Tanks, Apparatus and Pipes
- Missile Testing operations
- Leakage from Automatic Sprinkler Installations
- Bush Fire
- Terrorism ( On payment of additional premium)
- Sum Insured for Assets (Building, permanent furniture, fixtures, fittings,Electrical fans , tube lights,and Domestic Appliances ) must be on Reinstatement Value basis.
Section 2 - Burglary & Robbery
The Section covers loss or damage by actual or attempted burglary and/or robbery including theft during the policy period in respect of the following:
- Contents or any item whilst kept in the insured premises
- Insured premises ( including reasonable costs for damaged locks)
- Currency Notes & Cash up to the limit agreed and as mentioned in the schedule contained in a safe and locked almiraha
Section 3 - All Risk (Jwellery & Valuables)
This Section will indemnify you in respect of your jewellery and other valuables including precious stones etc whilst kept or lying in your house or whilst worn during travelling and/or in any social function occasioned by fire, theft, robbery or any other fortuitous event.
Section 4 - Plate Glass
This Section covers:
- Accidental loss of damage to Plate Glass
- Damage to frame and framework of any description following breakage of Glass and/or Neon Boards/glow signs subject to a maximum of Rs 5000/-
- The cost of tinting, lettering, painting, embossing, silvering or any other ornamental work on the replacement Glass, provided that such costs have been included in the Sum Insured of the Glass under this Section
Section 5 - Electronic Equipment
This Section covers:
- Loss of or damage to your personal computers, Television ,Audio /Video Equipments against all risk of damages and breakdown except of exclusions as mentioned in the policy wording
- In case of partial losses ,no depreciation is deducted except for parts with limited life
- Sum Insured to be on Reinstatement basis
- The section covers the Domestic appliances/ machines such as Air Conditioners, Refrigerators etc against unforeseen and sudden physical damage caused by or solely due to mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Sum insured to be on Reinstatement basis
Section 7 -Personal Accident
This section covers Bodily injury to You named in the Policy resulting to the death or disablement leading to:
- Loss of sight
- Physical separation of or loss of ability to use both hands or both feet
- Loss of sight of one eye and physical separation of or loss of ability to use either one hand or one foot
- Permanent Total disablement
Section 8 - Baggage Insurance
This section covers the personal belonging to You and/or Your family members or whilst being carried as baggage during travel outside the Municipal limits of the city / Town where Your residence is located in.
The cover is against fire & allied perils, Burglary , theft and/or due to any external accidental means.
Section 9 - Workmen's Compensation
This section protects you against any legal liability which your domestic helps or his/her legal heir may bring against you due to injury and / death suffered by them during and out of employment suffered in the premises covered under the policy.
This Section covers you against legal liability including the Defense costs incurred by you against:
- Third Part Property Damage
- Third Party injury/death
Note: The above are only the salient features of the Policy , for complete terms and conditions please refer to Policy Wordings.